Monday, May 16, 2011

Moving and Homeschooling...

...can be summed up in a single word ~ challenging! Between packing, moving, and unpacking, homeschooling during a move is difficult! Fortunately, we're at the end of our school year, so we're just about done with our books. Only a few weeks left in Math, Reading, and Spelling. History, Science and English are almost completed as well as Handwriting.

Our most challenging part is getting back on some kind of schedule. It's tempting to get a later start or wait until we're completely moved in, but the kiddos need structure. I need structure. It's comforting, really. Even though I have a love/hate relationship with schedules, I really need it to bring some sense of normalcy in my life at this time!

We're getting unpacked slowly but surely, trying to find places to put our ridiculous amount of "stuff" (another post in itself!) and getting comfy in our new home. I'll post more at a later time.

No comments:

Post a Comment