Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Compasses and Protractors, Oh My!

One of my favorite guilty pleasures is going to the school supply store to browse! It makes me so happy to see bulletin board displays, shelves of teacher-help books, racks of file folder games and office supplies! (I know, I'm a little whacked!)

Yesterday, I was able to go alone to browse. I needed new calendar numbers as well as a stand for our mini flags. I spent a little over an hour just absorbing and taking in all the amazing products that are available, and I had an absolute blast!

Tweenager is now at a level in Math that calls for a protractor and compass. I purchased both at the beginning of the year at Walmart, but the compass kept slipping every time she used it. She got extremely frustrated because the silly thing couldn't even make an even circle. Mom was irritated because the compass alone was $3!

While browsing the school supply store, I saw a quaint little plastic pouch hanging from the wall. It was a compass, protractor, ruler, pencil sharpener, and eraser combo pack! I was so excited, especially when the price was $4 for all!

Once I got home and Tweenager opened it, we were happy to see that the compass had a locking mechanism built in ~ no more slipping! She was so excited! What was even "cooler" ~ her words ~ was that the set came in pink ~ her fave color!

The brand name of this set is Helix. The set comes in a zippered pouch, which keeps it organized, and is available in blue, green, purple, and pink. I was pleased to get such a bargain!

1 comment:

  1. We must have bought the same compass! I just bought one and she can NOT draw a circle because of the slipping! I went out tonight and bought another. Ahhh!! Compass problems!

    ReplyDelete