Thursday, March 3, 2011

Schedules!

Ah, schedules, how I love/hate thee! I don't like to be driven by a schedule, but I've found over the years if I don't have some sort of schedule, I won't get anything done!

It's been a little difficult to get my son on a school schedule. He can easily while away hours and only get a tiny section of work done if I'm not paying close attention. You know how it goes ~ get the kids started, then do a few things around the house, take care of the youngest ones, answer more questions, throw in a load of laundry, answer the phone, etc.

I wanted my kids to take responsibility for their schedule as well as take ownership of it. I didn't want to be the one who had to constantly remind them to go make their beds, clean their rooms, do their math or English. They need to take the responsibility now!

With that in mind, I began to search the web for some ideas.

I found this great kiddo schedule at www.thecraftyclassroom.com The owner of the site has made a "boy" and "girl" schedule, as well as a preschool schedule. It has room for a chore list as well as school subjects. It even has a weekly calendar you can write the dates/activities you may have. On the side, it has a place you can give stickers for "Weekly Chores Complete!" "On Task & Cheerful!" and "Weekly Work Complete!"

We're going to implement it the coming week ~ I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment